JK NNI NEWS
Web desk Srinagar April 30
Here are some interesting facts on cyclones or cyclones that have occurred:
1. Cyclone Tracy hit Darwin in 1974 and it was the most destructive.
2. Cyclones are the most dangerous natural hazard to people.
3. Cyclones spin clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere.
4. In a cyclones early or weak stages, it is called a Tropical Depression.
5. Every cyclone has a name and all of the names are named after girls.
6. Did you know a cyclone that occurs in the Atlantic and North East Pacific are called a Hurricane?
7. Did you know a cyclone in the North West Pacific is called a Typhoon?
8. Did you know the word cyclone comes from an old Greek story about a race of one eyed giants called ‘Cyclops’.