- The blue whale has the slowest heartbeat of any animal – it only beats four to eight times a minute.
- Polar bears have black skin underneath their white fur.
- The killifish lives in temporary ponds in Venezuela.When the ponds dry up, the killifish embryos can survive in the mud, with no water or oxygen, for more than 60 days. No other creature can hold its breath for so long!
- Shaving a pregnant mouse makes her produce more milk and grow larger babies.A bald mouse can digest more food without overheating, and so makes more milk.
- The cosmopolitan sailfish can swim faster than a cheetah can run! It can swim at least 109 kilometres (68 miles) per hour, while acheetah can only manage 100 kilometres (62 miles) per hour.
- A rhino’s rock-solid horn is made of keratin – the same substance as human hair, skin and nails.
- Cats don’t like walking across aluminium foil – they hate the noise it makes!
- Bats always turn left when they come out of a cave.
- Geese can fly up to 8 kilometres (5 miles) above the ground.
- Elephants are the only animals with four knees.
JK NNI News Rafia Bashir Facts February 16 The rose is a type of flowering shrub that ...